-
March 6th, 2002, 07:39 AM
#1
eightmmovies
Guest
I was thinking about the possibility of the following:
-coverting a regular 8 camera to use double super 8
-making a camera from scratch - ok use the lense off an existing scrap camera - but think of the possibilities, single run super 8
-cutting existing film to make film. I reckon a 35mm film would produce 3 lengths fo 8mm single run film.
-I have seen pictures of a Russian single regular 8 camera using a cartridge loading system with 33 feet of film, but otherwise nothing else.
In this age of mass customisation and the economies of manufacturing scale being resuced I wonder if anyone else has thought along these lines.
I remember seeing a book, many years ago, based on the Practical Mechanics (UK editor F J Camm) which had the designs for a 16mmm still camera.
clockwork motors should not be a problem, all those clockwork radios beginning to appear guarrantee their supply.
Just thinking on the forum, it is just that the existing cameras are now virtually all second hand and will not last forever.
Oh, and do not forget the projectors needd as well.
------------------
keep the shutter going and check out MZ and Railways at http://www.siltec.co.uk
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks